Tropics Magazine accepts submissions from emerging photographers, artists, musicians, bloggers, writers, filmmakers, fashion brands, designers, stylists and startups. If accepted, your work may be featured on our website, magazine or both.
Tropics Magazine doesn’t provide free print copies, as presently the publication is published exclusively online, and soon we will be making it available on prints-by-purchase platforms. We also don’t pay for submissions, all photo shoot expenses for a submission to the magazine is covered by the team conducting the project. We are looking for only UNPUBLISHED editorials. If your photographs are published in Tropics Magazine, they must be ONLY published in another magazine after our release. If we find out that they are published by another magazine before us they will be removed immediately. Once your submissions are accepted they must not be posted online or any social media platforms until the magazine is released. We choose the cover that we like, it’s not necessary to ask for the Cover.
- We accept Arts, Fashion, Business, Beauty, Lifestyle & Written Submissions.
- All submission should be between 6-8 images. If your submissions are over 10 images, we won’t publish all images, a maximum of 8 and a minimum of 4 will be chosen, unless it is a cover story or special feature. Once your submission is accepted for publication the files sizes required are: 8.5X11 for Portraits at 300dpi. We use mostly portrait images, the less landscape is better.
- When submitting for consideration, always submit your images in low-resolution as attachments, include the photographers name and a title for the story. Please do not submit high resolution attachments, or zipped files for review. If you are submitting the editorial and is not the photographer, please confirm and present to us permission/release form from the photographer that owns the copyright to the images.
- For fashion submissions, wardrobe credits are required. It must contain wardrobe and/or accessories from emerging or independent designers and brands (major brands such as Michael Kors, Top Shop etc. are not allowed). For Beauty submissions, makeup credits are required. All editorials must have 2-4 different looks, editorials with one looks won’t be accepted.
- Team credits and written permission or release form are essential for all submissions, if we have accepted your submissions and you provide the high resolution images without team credits, your submission will not be published. We won’t be held accountable for any missing or miss-pelt credit. Be sure to double check that all persons involved in the submission are included in the credits and their names are spelt correctly. If for any reason a submission is published and a individual/s credit is missing, the person who submitted the feature will be held responsible. Along with model’s name be sure the list the agency name. Be sure to send credits as editable pdf files or Word Files.
- Once an image is accepted to be published, it grants us the permission to use your work in any of our publications, websites, videos, marketing pieces, advertisements, and any other mediums or formats used in the creation, dissemination, and monetization of Tropics Magazine.
- Once a submission is accepted by Tropics Magazine, it must not be published in any other magazine, website, blog and Social Media networks before our release. Once we realize that the images are published in these mediums before the particular issue is being released, we reserve the right to pull that submission from our issue without your consent.
Contributing Writers & Bloggers Submission
We are always looking for guest writers and bloggers who would like to contribute to the magazine and website. If you are interested in writing or blogging for us, please send an email to/ info@ with the headline “Writer Submission” or “Blogger Submission” and include writing samples and links to your work, blog or portfolio. The cover Fashion & Beauty Stories.
- There is little or no space left for the issue submitted for.
- Work was submitted after the deadline.
- The quality of the images aren’t to our standard.
- The submission doesn’t fit the theme for the issue.
Although your rejection could be due to any of the above stated reasons, we will not have time to state which of the reason applied to the submission. Please note that all submissions will NOT be replied to, you will receive an acceptance email once your submission has been accepted, if you don’t receive a reply within 7-30 days of your submission then it wasn’t accepted; you do not need to send multiple emails to receive a reply.
- All submissions must be sent before the stated deadline of an issue.
- If a submission is being accepted and the final pieces aren’t sent before the deadline, that submission will not be published in the issue for which it was accepted.
- The deadline for each issue is the 15th of the month (e.g: Submissions for December Issue is due by November 15th at midnight), if for any reason the deadline is changed, it will be posted on our Facebook/Twitter page, blog and website.
- Once an issue is being released it is available for purchase. Contact us to request the link to buy your copy.
- The purchase link will be posted on our Facebook page from the day of release, and will be posted on our blog and website also. To get immediate updates and purchase information please like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TropicsMagazineWorld
Not all information and updates can be sent to everyone that is or has been associated to Tropics Magazine as we don’t have the emails of everyone. To get all updates and information please like our Facebook page and/or subscribe to our upcoming Newsletter.